From Poetry to Prose

Monday, April 17, 2006

Lazy Sunday

I slept through the entire day. The only time I was awake for more than 30 minutes was to eat breakfast (and that was at 1:30pm!), and I ended up surfing for a bit before falling back into slumber. There goes my day of productivity.

As April nears its eventual ending, I find myself slowly becoming aware of the inevitable change. Junior year will come to a close, my sister will [finally] graduate from Rutgers, and the family is [finally] moving to a new house. Hm. I guess this summer will be all about learning to finally move on.

I'm looking forward to this summer.
I refuse to expect great things; that will only make the first days of summer lose its luster. Instead, I anticipate not having to deal with school. Papers, especially. That is, unless, I finally decide if I'm going to go for that English Honors program. If so, this summer might just have to include papers -_-;

As for the search for internships .. no word yet. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Sigh. If anything, I need to prepare myself for getting a decent summer job. Beggars can't be choosers, though.

And here I am, with many final term papers ahead of me, just musing ahead towards the summer. I need to stop daydreaming, and learn to keep it real.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home