From Poetry to Prose

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

You're beautiful, it's true.

So instead of working on my Medieval Literature in Dissent paper, I've been sorting through photographs that I've taken within the past year or so. I came up with a "Pictures I Like" folder on my desktop, and I'm left with a semi-satisfied feeling of accomplishment. I smell a mini-project coming up in the near future. Perhaps a photo collage of some sorts, or even a mass order of photo prints? But until then, I guess I'll highlight a favorite photo and just write about it.

This particular photograph was taken in the summer of 2005, while scouting a local picnicking area as a potential barbeque spot. I'm not exactly too sure what the park's actual name is, but it is located under the George Washington Bridge, somewhere near Fort Lee/Edgewater, New Jersey. I actually brought in this photo to share in my Photography and Visual Media Literary Theory class, and some kid mentioned that technically I wasn't allowed to take a picture of the GWB, with terrorists and the war going on since the whole 9/11 tragedy.
I like to think that this particular photo is a memory of when I was unknowingly rebellious, breaking a government law and all. But the thing that moved me to taking this photo was the fact that the clouds looked like pieces of cotton, almost as if someone had purposely placed them in the sky.

Well, either that or I'm crazy.

Nonetheless, this is one of my favorite photos, taken by yours truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home