From Poetry to Prose

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Have you ever been alone in a crowded room?

I'm an anti-social.

I hate meeting new people; that only means more people to care about, more people to be careful around, and more limitations as to how I should act and live.

The more I'm involved with different people, the more frustrated I get. Biggie once said, "Mo' money, mo' problems," but I believe the big man only got half of the equation right. I believe that mo' people means mo' problems. Werd.

It's all in the matter of how much trust, hope, and faith you put into humanity. I used to foolishly tend to think that everyone is a potential good friend, but was eventually left disappointed and glum when the opposite occured. I'd like to say that I've learned not to expect much from a relationship, but sadly I cannot ever say so.

Also, having lesser friends means spending less for birthdays and other various holidays. But I jest.

As people, humans tend to group off socially in what are common interests and goals for each member. But there's bound to be disagreement.

I hate feeling alone. I have a handful of friends, and maybe 3 close friends. Yet, why do I feel alone most of the times? Once my mind wanders adrift from the daily grind of school, I realize that in the end, I am my best friend. No one else can understand Julia's mind better than herself.

Yet, it's frustrating when no one else can see your viewpoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home