From Poetry to Prose

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Life..or something like it.

On a more recent jaunt to the local Blockbuster movie rental store, I made my boyfriend go up to the counter and rent the movie "Emma" for me. I didn't realize what sort of predicament I had placed my boyfriend in, as I watched the exchange of money for the dvd rental from amongst the shelves of foreign language films.

It seemed like a typical comic situation: the boyfriend faces the embarrassment of renting a chick flick, with his girlfriend nowhere in sight. The employee's eyes widened at the title of the dvd and sort of gives a look that reads, "Good luck sitting through it, man." The boyfriend anxiously thrusts a $5 bill for the rental, and has his eyes set for the exit. As soon as he receives his change, he zooms out of sight.

But of course, this didn't necessarily happen. The boyfriend nonchalantly hands over both the dvd and his membership card to the indifferent employee. No knowing looks and words are exchanged, with the exception of the ever-so polite "Thanks" and "Enjoy your movie."

I am still lost in my altercations of the scenario, but shift my thoughts to my boyfriend, who has already rented the dvd and is ready to leave the store.

Life is more fun when you think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home